Bungalows

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 56 of 3740
< Prev Next >
cc0032.jpg
San Diego, California. 1905.  The Strong House was built for William Hugh Strong, whose descendants still occupy the house.  The architect was Emmor Brooke Weaver a prominent architect originally from Iowa.  Natural, exposed woodwork, simple whitewashed walls, diamond paned windows set beneath the steeply pitched, overhanging roof all recall the best of the vernacular, English Arts and Crafts cottage.  A pergola at the right of the house was enclosed in the 1920's.  The interior, larger than it looks from the outside, features dark woodwork and beams highlighted by light-colored walls, numerous built-ins, and rare, original burlap insets in the dining room wainscoting. RELEASED