Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
lb137.jpg
WEST SIDE OF THE POST OFFICE, BEFORE 1915. James Knox Taylor, as the supervising architect of the U.S. Treasury, designed Lincoln's new neoclassical courthouse and post office in 1905. The main entrance faced Tenth Street on the east, while the west side fronted on a public park and provided a covered dock for wagons to load and unload the mail.<br />
<br />
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.