JAMES JUDGE HOUSE, 1210 D STREET. Built around 1882, this Queen Anne-style house with Eastlake detailing was owned by the Judge family from 1910 to 1938. James Judge was a letter carrier and later a postal clerk. John Johnson was a janitor at the post office for many years and took dozens of photographs in and around the post office and courthouse. Judge's house was about four blocks from Johnson's.
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.