SECOND NEBRASKA STATE CAPITOL, BEFORE 1922. This view across snowy Capitol Square appears to be taken from Sixteenth and K Streets. Behind the trees is the tower of the second Nebraska State Capitol, built in the 1880s and replaced between 1922 and 1932 by the present capitol with its 400-foot tower.
Photographs taken on black and white glass negatives by African American photographer(s) John Johnson and Earl McWilliams from 1910 to 1925 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Douglas Keister has 280 5x7 glass negatives taken by these photographers. Larger scans available on request.